I am having problems finding parts for my daughter's 1974 Vega. Can anyone recommend a good website or an idea on where to find parts?

Asked by Dec 14, 2013 at 07:17 PM about the Chevrolet Vega

What parts? That would help us help you if we know what you are seeking

Looking for some seats, fender, aftermarket items such as spoilers.....new or used....

Seats, fenders, etc., will have to be a salvage yard or online auction (like eBay); no one is reproducing them. Spoilers are becoming very rare and getting expensive. Saw a front spoiler recently go for over $600 on eBay. Check for a whole car rather than individual parts...might be cheaper to make one out of two. Some people are asking obscene prices for some parts. Regular parts - brakes, etc., can be found at places like Rock Auto (rockauto.com). You have to do some good searching for some of the harder to find parts.

John Carson

Check Summit, they may have something. Call them, they also may be able to help.

eBay, is one resource for parts, but pretty expensive especially if somebody is trying to outbid you. I know this post is old, but if you logon to it sometime, send me an email. I have parts that will fit your 1974 Vega. Unlike eBay and the wrecking yards, I will not be charging you those types of prices. If fact you state what you want, and what you want to spend and we can talk about it. Mike

Do you have a listing of parts you have for sale? I agree, some parts on eBay get to ridiculous prices, especially rare parts. For instance, the chrome trim for the swing out windows, which many have missing on their Vegas (or Cosworth Vegas). NOS bowtie wheel caps are incredible prices, well used to be. Now some sellers are putting the starting bid in the stratosphere; and usually don't sell. Another item is side markers. Which, if exposed to too much sun, fade and/or disintegrate. White interior trim does the same. I had to transform one of my white Cosworths to black trim; luckily found a local seller for that. Would be interested in hearing what you may have. I'd guess you'll say, "what do you need?" :) Tom

I have pretty much the whole front clip for a 1975 Vega Hatchback, and the back and front bumpers and brackets. Yes...that includes 1975 Front fenders, and the 1975 headlights extensions and chrome inserts and the grill and top header panel, and the grill turn signal lenses and the grill brackets. But I'm not getting rid of my hood, as I am using it. I reverse engineered my whole 1975 Vega Hatchback to the 1971-72 style front end, and I am not going to use my 1975 parts at all. I also have the right and left fender amber turn signals for a 1975 Chevy Vega. My fender turn signal lenses were really dirty inside so I separated the front and back pieces, cleaned these out, then glued them back together and ran some silicon sealant around the edges to keep them from getting dirty inside. Interested in any parts? If so let me know, they are collecting dust in my storage shed.

Keith Steele

i have a pair of fender's and upper valance for a 72 vega and also have a pair of side window's for a 1974 vega. if you are still looking send me a message on my email, it's kosmanoo1@yahoo.com.