how can i find out if i have a 700r or 4l60 tranny in my 1996 gmc k1500?

495

Asked by Aug 02, 2013 at 11:27 PM about the AMC Hornet

i bought the truck used and the previous owner had transmission changed and cant remember if it is a 700R or a 4L60.how do i find out what tranny i have?If this helps i have got a ELECTRONC B@M SHIFT KIT.and the truck has a 5.7 vortec engine,and is a 4x4.

97,095

It is most likely a 4L60E, the only sure way is to check the tranny pan bolts and configuration..

Best Answer
495

thankyou tennisshoes for your answer.would you happen to know the tranny bolt count on the 4L60E and the 700R?Thats ok if you dont know right off the top of your head,I can look that info.you gave me up on the trusty internet.THANKS AGAIN TENNISSHOES