Something draining the battery on a 1992 VW Caravelle T4.

Asked by Sep 09, 2010 at 12:04 PM about the Volkswagen Caravelle

We have 1992 VW Caravelle 2,5 L petrol. Something is draining the battery, we don't know what it is. But there is a sound from the enginge compartment. It sounds like it could be a pump or something, we have checked out if if could be a fan, but have ruled it out. Does anyone know what could be wrong? This "malfunction" drains the batery in a little under 3 weeks. We first noticed this noice in march.

35

hi! check the left and right front speakers for constant live! Known problem!

Have checked, it's not the speakers. The sound comes from the enginge compartment, not the cabin. It is a humming sound, and it feels like the radiator is vibrating. The engine was turned off 2 hours ago, the engine and coolant is still warm.

I have the exact same problem on my 1992 Caravelle and would be very grateful if someone knows the answer for this. / Erik

Hi Your problem probably lies with The aux electric water pump. Disconnect it temporarily and see If your problem stops /,mike.