how do you install front brake shoes on an austin healey 100-4?

Asked by May 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM about the Austin-Healey 100/4

I was told to attach the spring and then to pry the shoe on.  I think this approach is almost impossible due to the strength of the spring. any suggestions? This is a 1953 100-4

235

I know of the guy; Ronald Hudson ( Chandler, Arizona) that restored my brothers 1954 A/H 100-4. You can call infomation and see if his phone number is listed that is the best I can do for info on this rare car. The 100-4 was the first 4 cyl. engine that maintained a over 100 mph average speed for twenty four hours straight to win at Lemans I think. But a 24 hour race and its a roadster with a lay downable windscreen for better aerodynamics.