Break line replacement cost in 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis

Asked by Jan 09, 2014 at 12:39 PM about the Mercury Marquis

I believe it isn't just a hose and the whole line needs to be replaced and I'm trying to get a ballpark estimate so I have a starting point when I take it to a garage. Thanks for your time!

...okay, why now are we replacing the steel part?...is it rusted? cannot seem to find a source...may have to go to the dealership of the pickNpull for the steel lines, because they are sold in lengths and bent to fit~....hoses are about fifteen dollars each~______https://www.google.com/#q=Brake+line+replacement+cost+i n+1997+Mercury+Grand+Marquis&tbm=shop

that's BRAKE not BREAK...like a wineglass~

238,115

Sometimes you can purchase the whole assembly and or most brake and muffler shops will fab a section up for you, the line comes on spools. Calculate the cost of the material, the labor and brake fluid. To give you an idea, I replaced 2 sections of metal line on my Taurus in the rear and paid around $400. Stop in a couple shops to see who can do it the cheapest.

24,255

Yeah, it's likely that a formed brake line isn't available and I would never recommend used parts for a safety item. Follow Tom's suggestion.