Engine oil light???

5

Asked by Jun 11, 2010 at 07:54 PM about the Honda Integra

Hey my edc2 integra oil light came on and stayed on, first thing i did was check the oil level. That was fine as I just serviced the vehicle. I then drained the oil and checked the filter there was no oil in the filter. So i took the sump off and checked that the pickup wasnt blocked, It was clean. what should be my next point of attack, Maybe the oil relief valve is stuck on??? Any ideas would be great.

9,445

Also could be a bad pump... Or an internal blockage somewhere... Did you have any sludge on the bottom of the pan?

280

Best and cheapest check you can do is to check or replace the oil sending unit. This is what monitors oil pressure.