Hood ornament

15

Asked by Oct 07, 2008 at 08:28 PM about the Pontiac Star Chief

What year pontiac had a lighted indian for the hood ornament.

655

Well the pontiac indian was the logo until 1957 I believe, which they then changed to the arrowhead. I believe several years may have offered the lighted hood ornament, but my guess would be after 1945. Anymore scraps of information?

215

1955 was the last year for the lighted Indian. 1956 had the lighted bird plane thing. 57 is when alot of the traditional stying cues were discontinued. Fender straps, lighted hood ornaments, indian head logo, etc

15

Thanks for the detailed response. I always liked the 55. I will have to look for one.

215

308-986-2413 ask to speak with Big Jim. Its a salvage yard about half mile from my house and has a 55 Pontiac

85

'59 was the 1st year of the arrowhead.

1950 Pontiac Indian Chief black mascot