I can not find a replacement bulb for the map light for my 1966 Pontiac Catalina. Number on bulb is GE 550 but no one has one. Any help?

5

Asked by Dec 01, 2012 at 09:44 AM about the Pontiac Catalina

35,665

550 or 558? Post a pic

35,665

This bulb replaces the 558

25

I dont know if you have them where you are, but I can find little things at O'Reily's. They even had the old style wiper blades.

3,045

check ames performance.com

10,665

That is an old part number. I am sure it has been combined with other bulb numbers to be one universal bulb now. The common bulb used in the interior of older Pontiacs is #90 if it is a small bulb, if it is a larger bulb then #1004. Just make sure to compare your bulb to it (if you have the old bulb).

20

None of the previous answers posted here are very helpful. The correct bulb you want is indeed a GE # 550 and even though it is now obsolete you can find it here: http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampshardtofindnumber5.html