Which years of the land rover discoveries are known not to break down? Which years are known to be better and not have many breakdowns and repairs? Which models are more reliable?

Asked by Sep 16, 2014 at 09:28 PM about the Land Rover Discovery

We have a 2004 land rover discovery however it broke down all of the time. I want to buy
another one i just need help figuring out which models would be the most reliable. I need
help!
Any ideas?

36,475

There never was and never will be a Land Rover that was worth the power to blow it to hell. Get a Mercedes Volvo or a Lexus.

107,435

Ouch sounds like someones been bit by a Land Rover, but your right, none of them are any good. My advise is to stay away form anything European..

36,475

Good morning to you T.S. My daughter bought a land Rover and it turned into a money pit. They are only worth buying new. Then buy two. One to drive while the other is in the shop being fixed under warranty. LOL. Like the XKE back in the 60's. They look great, drive nice but are unreliable.

107,435

Morning Mark, I know what you mean about the XKE, a guy I went to school with worked for 3 years cause he wanted one for his senor year, bought it, drove it home, the closest dealer was 300 miles away, the next morning it wouldn't start, the dealer just said sorry there's nothing we can do with you so far away, so he had it towed to a local shop that said they could work on it, the fuel pump went out, took 2 weeks to get one, he got it back drove it for a month, the rear end locked up, he said enough, found a truck that was headed back to where he had bought it, loaded it up, took it back and traded it for a Ford 4X4 pickup.

36,475

Hey TS, That is a typically Jaguar story and the funny part is I bet that guy still has the Ford.but wishes he still had the Jag. :-)

107,435

Unfortunately he was killed 3 years later while driving the Ford, hit one of the Keno run deer, wound up in one of the many irrigation canals upside down, drowned authorities said if he hadn't had his seat belt on he could have escaped.

36,475

Sorry to hear that . Seat belts are still a optional here. I only ware only in Manila and Cebu City.