how to open car when battery is dead

Asked by Jul 29, 2007 at 08:49 PM about the BMW 7 Series

i cant open the car door. my battery is dead

835

Ahhh Electronics ... Try contacting your local BMW dealership to find out what you can do to resolve your issue.

155

This happened to me you have to put the key in and turn it half way, then open the handle then it should open... my battery used to die like every week.

1,535

but down the remote find the key and stick it in the hole at the door. turn the key and walla! door is open...

55

do it from the passenger door hold the handle up a bit

195

very easy to open doors when the battery is dead jack up the car a little bit hook positive battery cable to starter from ur battery charger and then hook negative to the body then plug in and wait about five minutes and then unlock ur doors

1,740

Ok, I have the same problem. The door wont open cause the battery is dead. There is no key entry on the passager side and you can not open the hood because you have to pop it from the inside. So.... What are my options at this point??? Any answers?

120

Hi TOM, Thank you for your infinite wisdom, however, your logic is severely flawed. You assume all door have a mechanical lock, when in fact many newer models only have electronic locks, hence my FREAKIN DOOR WONT UNLOCK!!!!!! Don't you think I would have tried the key you JACKASS!!] If you didnt already guess, I am having the exact same problem with my nissan 350z, the dealership told me to have it towed there and they can remove the engine pan to expose the trunk latch where they can open the trunk and charge the battery.

3,065

I didn't see what year model in description, just 7 series. I know with the E32 chassis, which the hood is hinged from the front, you can use a metal coat hangar and bend a sharp hook at one end and straighten out the rest. Used it to grab the cable that releases the hood latch. Get the hooked end around the cable housing and give it a little pull and it should release.

3,065

WELL... Did you try it???????????????????????????????????????

4,745

check with ur dealer. http://bmw7series.org/

50

We had this problem here at the used car dealership I work at. We had a locksmith trying everything to get it open then I had the idea of getting a long lock-out rod to open the hood latch inside the car. He brought a longer lock-out rod- kit and opened the hood, connected a battery booster and used the unlock button on the key and vualla, the doors all unlocked. We put a new battery and I had the idea to put a secret hood latch sting in the bumper to open it from the outside if it happens again

50

40

Sir I know it is to lat, But can you help me, I also had this problem and also I lost my Manuel key, can you help me how can I open this dame trunk? Pls. if you read it can you send me, at rafk_hanna@yahoo.com or I appreciate a call at´╗┐ 6045374099 Rafik Hanna Coquitlem , BC, Canada

30

So yeah, the same thing happened to me on my BMW 328i just three days ago. It took me that long until I figured it out. Some vehicles, in order to lock it you have to lock the door then lift the handle as you shut it close in order for it to lock. Thinking of this I used different variations of that theory on my BMW. What you need to do is go to the driver door, lift the handle first then insert the manual key into the lock and turn clockwise. It may feel a little tight as you begin to turn the key but you'll feel it turning. Remember to follow the exact sequence that I gave you or else it wont unlock. 1. Lift the door handle. 2. Insert the manual key. 3. Then turn it clockwise. And for those of you who don't know you can find the manual key inside your key FOB. There should be a square button on your key FOB. Press it and pull and there's your manual key.

30

Battery is dead on my 750 I , battery in trunk, how can I open trunk