Bait And Switch !!???

Asked by Apr 08, 2019 at 12:21 PM about the Hyundai Genesis

Question type: Car Selling & Trading In

For the Past Few Days I Had Been Looking ThroughThe Ads From Car Gurus And Found A 2018 Genesis We Were Intrested In And Started A Conversation With Someone Named BarBara who Asked Me The Usual Questions About My trade And Such ! The Next Day I Contacted Her Again And Said I Would Go Their To See And test Drive the Car ! She Said She Would get Their People Working On My Trade ! So My Wife And i Drove Over To Test Drive The Car At Coggin Honda In Deland ! When We Got herer My Wife Spotted A New Honda On The Floor and Opend The Door To Get In And The Horn Started Blowing Like Nobodys Busness !which Made Us Want To Run Out Of The Place Screaming !!~ And We Should Have !!~ BecauseThat Should have Been Ouur Sign !!!~ ButSince We Hade Driven 45 Mi To Test Drive The Car We Thought Ok We Will Stay For the test Drive ! After They Finally Got The Horn Shut Off The Manager  I Think ! Asked If He Could help And We told him We Were There For The Test Drive On The G80 We Had Talked About With BarBara at Which Point He Looked At Us Like We Had Two Heads ! Then Asked For Our Information And Said He XCouldnt Seem To Find Our Info ! Then After Several Minuets Of Going Throuh His Computer He Found It ! But Then He Said That The Car We Were Intrested In Had Been Sold The Day Before !!~??? And Tried To Tell Us He Could Find us Another Car !! ??? We Did Not Drive 45 Minuets Out Of Our Way To Be Told That They Could Find Us Another Car And That They Had 80 Dealerships ! We Came Because Of A Specific Add They Had Placed With Car Grus ! And had Talked With BarBara To Let Them know That We Would Be There Later That Afternoon To Do So !!~ My Question Is ! Is It The Policy Of CarGurus ! And Coggin Honda Deland And Their 80 Dealers To Run A Bait & Switch Job On People That They Know Are Coming To Test Drive A Car They Know They Have Sold The Previous day !!??? What A Waste Of Time And Money !!~ Yeah Im Pissed !!~ I could haveSpent the Afternoon With My Grandchildren !!~ Instead Of Ending Up in Some Wilde Goose Chase Ending In Bait And Switch !!!~~~~ I Mean W.T.F. ... OVER !!???

9,345

This is a problem with the dealer. CarGurus is just an ad site (not much different than cars.com, autotrader.com, etc.). Not sticking up for the site but the site cannot validate every ad placed. Go to the Used Car page, locate the dealer in the search and place this is the 'Review' Section for the dealer.

12,360

I usually read the reviews of the dealers before I contact them on a car. Usually there is a scale of up to 5, anything 4 and lower, I avoid. Click on the Terms of Use at the bottom of the page to see where Cargurus stands.