Rear power lift gate has quit working on my 2011 SRX. no place to put the key. Is there a battery someplace that has to be changed?

800

Asked by Apr 24, 2016 at 12:45 PM about the Cadillac SRX

I even tried to turn the power lift gate button inside the vehicle ...turned to the
off position to try to open manually and it won't budge!
So stupid there is no place for the key!

565

no, it's the fuse.

800

So where is the fuse when the power lift gate does not work? Can I do myself?

180

what if you change the fuse and it still won't work?

200

I am having the exact same problem on my 2011 SRX

40

Mine did the same thing and had to get a new touch pad installed

100

You can go to you tube and watch the video on how to open the lift gate when there is no power ,you have to fold down the back seat and pop off the little lite cover on the base of the lift gate ,there you can put in a screwdriver to pop the latch ,and yes ,why they didn’t add a key hole on the outside is stupid

20

I tried the video method, did not work for me.

50

enter via backseat. remove inner trunk cover and foam liner. on lower floor towards rear you will see tailgate hydraulic unit and module sitting down low (most likely in water). the smaller box is the module. remove center connector, locate light blue and brown wires, with power probe, apply power to blue wire and ground to brown, have someone lift lid when latch release. you may have to switch power and ground around if the 1st try didn't do it. (buffy, tired of dumb designs)

30

Is the lift gate module and bag up camera together making each other not work

110

Mine quit yesterday, found how to open via YouTube. Took control panel out, no sign of water or moisture, unit was dry with no corrosion. Now what...is there a way to test these?

60

It is neither the fuse nor the battery. What is most common is that there is a roof drain hose leak that has allowed water to enter the interior of the vehicle. In the rear cargo area, beneath all the trim, this water accumulates into a veritable swimming pool. At the bottom of that swimming pool lies your liftgate control module. Electronics do not fair well under water. There lies your problem. Fix the roof drain hoses first. They expand and contract due to temperature fluctuations and the flimsy grommet at the end pops out of the firewall leaving the water to drain into the interior. Second, replace the liftgate control module. GM has known about this problem for a very long time but declines to fix it. In a tongue- in-cheek defense of GM, I do acknowledge that they allowed a reimbursement for these repairs during 2015-2017; but if it's happening to you now, you're SOL. My 2012 SRX had these repairs done in 2015. Unsurprisingly though, it is happening again; and I am having to repair it all by myself again out-of-pocket. Piss poor engineering and appalling lack of customer care on the part of GM. Sadly enough, however, I am trading in for an Escalade. Caddy still has style and I don't want to buy Ford or foreign. What can I say?

60

Hi Derek! Thank you for the post. I bought a new board and installed it and I have no power. I looked at all the fuses and they look fine. When I press the remote the lights blink twice but there is not "click" inside the fusebox that would tell me if it was activating the control board. Any ideas on how to see where the break in power is going to the lift gate?

10

i replaced the liftgate module still not workin does anybody knows why

in regards to the trunk gate not opening. i do believe its cause water got into the interior and has ruin the wires so it sounds like i need to fix leak first and then replace trunk device... does anyone know how much that will cost me (i will have to take into garage to get fixed, just want an ideal of how much i'm looking at? thanks