how can I disable my remote on 2011 srx

Asked by Mar 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM about the Cadillac SRX

I would like to disable the remote start

97,035

Lots of info on how to start it - nothing out there to disable it... Try looking on the info screen for a way to shut it off. You could look for a fuse to remove.

25,605

Just curious as to WHY you would even want to do that. This is a feature that most people (including me) love to have, especially for heating or cooling your car in extreme weather conditions.

Had a youngster start it buy fluke pushing buttons and filled the garage with exhaust. As well the car sits in a garage so pre-starting it is unnecessary.

97,035

And it shuts off after ten minutes. Starting it took a certain amount of knowledge and time. Keep the keys away from that one...

27,245

you could go to the dealer and get you some new keys that dont have that button. I assume its an option on that vehicle meaning every one they made didnt have it, there has to be keys made without that button on it.

25,605

Well...I'm sure Tenspeed (the guy you called a "yoyo") will arrive shortly to respond to your question @ Joseph. Until then however, I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. I've had an aftermarket remote starter installed on a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix AND a factory installed one on a 2012 Ford Fusion (company cars that I no longer own). In each case, it REALLY only requires the press of ONE button for a few seconds to remote start the engine. It was simplistic and YES, a child could EASILY have done it...It may have taken a child a short amount of time to figure out WHICH exact button, but there are only a small number of buttons on most remotes....Just sayin'

27,245

looks as if we have a genuine smartass on our hands here.

Thank you and yes I am and yes you do! Especially when you do not have a pair to stop stupid commentary that, at best, can cost big bucks. At worst get someone (or more) killed. What do you to that ... dumb ass?

27,245

yeah your a super hero stopping stupid comments. better get out there and keep it up cuz there are 100's more. god speed.

Again, thanks. But, you are wrong. There are millions of stupid questions out there. We ALL have to help .... wherever, whenever, or whomever asks them about any and everything. Have a nice day too. Oh, and God has nothing to do with it (p.s. the "g" in the word God is ALWAYS capitalized).

27,245

what I wanna know is where is judge roy at on this one?

The last resort of a simple mind (or empty headed) individual is to use, as our 9th grade Latin book tells us, argumentum ad hominem reasoning. In general, an informal fallacy or more precisely, an irrelevance. Or as Mr. Gump put it ... stupid is as stupid does. Oh and it is cars, planes, boats and even a few trains in Europe.