Rover Mini - Airbags?

15

Asked by Apr 07, 2009 at 06:10 PM about the Rover Mini

Does the 90's Rover Mini have any sort of airbags?

15

no not the classic ull have too buy the new one for airbags or if you want an original one fit a roll cage

15

Ah okay, thats sad :( wonder why they diddnt fit them in there, would be a great advantage to the "youngest" breed of the original mini's - thanks for the quick reply :)

15

to be honest mate i dont think there would be room plus you have too think about the dangers of such a confined space they would have had to spend millions in researching it and that would take the whole idea of the mini a fun little cheap car...but again there is such a big mini mod sene u could proberly find one with them..loldont know if this will work but check this out its my girlfriends old mini untill some polish guy ran into it and killed it...http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21178&id=1082082919&saved#/album.php?aid=21178&id=1082082919

15

Yea youre prolly right, yea actually i just found one a sec ago from 2000 on a used car site and it's supposed to have a single airbag, thats better than none :) Haha thats one nice Mini, looks like i has a rollcage aswell? What a shame, it was just totalled? no chance for recovery? i'd love one of theese i just need to start saving up a littlebit, you can get one pretty cheap but then it will need some gentle hands and im not up to that tbh.

15

The older ones can cost more in some cases but if you want to save money dont forget that if its old enough it will be tax free...but i was in the car when he hit it hard and the roll cage did its job and the door caved in but stopped at the roll cage so it worked well...when he hit it he wrote it off and it wasnt worth them buying it back to have to spend alot to repair it...if you get one you will get the bug...but if you do get one you can just buy the parts and get a garage too fit whatever...my girlfriend and her parents did most of the work on hers but for the diffcult bits they found a man local who was devoted to them there are loads around.... her brothers is a race modded one worth 20k + ermmm i have some pics here somewhere lol

15

wauw incredible, i usually just connect a rollcage with racing cars but what do i know :) - one of my halfbrothers are actually a mechanic and his other brother aswell as their dad knows how to fix cars so that shouldnt actually be a problem so maybe that could actually be an option, its just so much easier to simply buy one thats fixed hehe, i dont suppose spareparts are very expensive for a mini?

15

Oh yea, after some reading into it i discovered that aswell, but thats for the feedback :)

75

Only the last couple of years that they were in production have air bag systems, 1998 through 2000, I believe.

45

october 1996 onwards have front driver airbag