My Toyota 4runner want crank. I havecrepkacedccoil, could igniter, all the relays and the fuel pump. W hat could be th e problem ?

Asked by Sep 27, 2015 at 06:54 AM about the Toyota Fortuner

7,840

crep kaced ccoil??? crank case oil? cracked coil pack? What language is this? Replaced coil? replaced ignitor? Want crank... will not crank? ................if an engine will not crank, meaning you turn the key expecting it to start, and it does not even turn the engine ? .....Then basic electrical can be checked.....start by cleaning and servicing the battery connections, charge up the battery after trying to add distilled water. each hole should be up 3/4" from the top/ topped up is a term for filled correctly...........If you have at least 12.6V in the battery does it now crank after service?

7,840

if it does not crank, and everythings right now with its battery? it may need the battery load tested. if the parts store condemns it, then try another battery. ..........If it now cranks the engine,.....does it try to start? did you hear the fuel pump? Does the engine send spark to any spark plug? some of those have to be disassembled to check and verify spark. you may find it needs spark plugs, you may find you need specific tools to accomplish that.....savvy?

7,840

if a good battery, connections and a full charge in the battery still produces a no crank, is there power coming to the little wire at the starter.? is there 12 V there when depress the clutch and turn key to start??? but the starter wont turn??? try tapping on it while a helper attempts to start....... figure out what year it is and what engine and trans please. answer thus far, or report findings. I will check agin later.

7,840

The engine is statically timed? meaning the timing marks are right at TDC? or is there a timing issue? the belt or chain is in good repair?

7,840

Have you defined the symptom? identified the vehicle and its parts to say what you are working on?

There is only 1.2v going to the plug that plugs into the coil and no power at all going to the plug plugging into the igniter. What could be the reason for this ?

7,840

A voltage drop through wire(s) a connector, after the relay, or through the switch, so you have cranks but wont start not will not crank. there, now did we get the symptom defined? Now you need to identify what you are working on. Every vehicle like that has a primary circuiy. i can tell you that. Every jap primary curcuit with an ignitor has a good chance of having a power relay and an ignition switch, that stands to reason. What's your sitch ? FIFN butt, you can answer the querstions or look it up. whatever NSOMN

7,840

You might need to run a ground jumper where its needed while testing. use a schematic and see if you drop volts through any component, have one partly unplugged, A poor ground, or corroded or poorly fitting connector. if it was new, I would expect a defective part after testing, if its decades old, I would expect wear and heat damage, resistance build up or loss of ground causes possible. just a hunch

7,840

oh, addon accessories can hurt the voltage available from wires after some installer has used a key power wire and severed strands while trying to fudge a connection for his kill your mother music.

7,840

Those repairs would be best rerouting to a fused key power at the fusebox or running them out to the distribution of mains. some like going to the battery with an inline fuse but it can get messy with time and batteries that sweat or leak.

7,840

Alarms and security systems in use or optional equip can get into the game with stopping power to ignition. you have to see what you have and fix that or tell me. Thats enough speculation for now.