I have a 2000 Ford Taurus automatic the transmission revved the rpm gage real high and since then it won't shift out the gut at o'rielly tested it an he said that 2nd an 3rd gear is the incorrect ratio what does that mean someone please help

30

Asked by Jan 08, 2016 at 09:31 PM about the Ford Taunus

Wanting to know if it's easy to fix or do I need to look into another
transmission

6,215

Refer to the same question you asked earlier, either you need start diagnosing it (we will help as much as possible) or get to a trans repair facility.

30

Thank you hopefully it won't be to bad (no such luck) LOL

146,495

Yes, I will help you to the best of my ability also, but we just don't have enough information. Trying to diagnose not being at the car is difficult

30

I hear ya thanks

146,495

On top of that, I fail to see how a guy at an auto parts place can say the gear ratios are wrong.

30

He hooked up something in my car under the dash then we went inside an he connected it to a computer there

6,215

Ya know I meant the usual suspects by we FN.

146,495

That I do.

6,215

Jones, with the code "we" could give some guidance. We all have years of experience doing just about all things mechanical and diagnosis.

6,215

The plug under the dash isn't some magic portal to the unknown, It's the onboard diagnostic port that is on all modern cars and trucks. With a simple code reader it gives a diagnostic trouble code with a number like p0732 that tells the person doing the diagnosis what to look at to find the problem. In your previous question I gave an example of what a service manual directs the tech to look at.

146,495

...... and THAT is why we are here