03 ford tauras i replaced the air idle controle valve now idle is worse. would resetting the computer help??

Asked by Dec 01, 2015 at 09:08 AM about the Ford Taunus

I replaced the AIC now idle is way worse

210,765

Yes, remove the negative battery cable for 15mins and reconnect. That should clear the system. Make sure the throttle body is clean as well.

6,135

Do you have any dtc's from the computer that may help with the suggested "fix"? Do you heat a sucking noise coming from the intake? Is the gasket still under the iac?

What is a dtc. No ducking noise and I made sure to remove the old gasket and put a new one in. I watched a video on how to reset the computer and I unhooked the negative cable and held it on the still hooked up positive for 10 min that seemed to of worked but it seems like when I get up to 50 mph or so and let off the gas it seemed to stay at that speed until I tap the brake. Wondering if the throttle body is dirty. It's just weird that all these problems happen right after I put the new iac. Shouldn't be any dirtier. Thanks alot for the help