What type of line is best inside the fuel tank?

Asked by Dec 15, 2014 at 08:42 PM about the Ford Taunus

Hey everybody. I've installed a submersible fuel pump in my 1999 ford Taurus LX with single overhead cam engine. The pump works great, but the lines I have installed inside the tank keep coming loose or ripping when left for a day or two. These were a replacement for the old plastic corrugated lines. They are simple soft rubber lines from O'reilly auto parts. The man said they were submersible but I really don't think they are. Can someone please tell me what type of hose would be best to use inside of the gas tank to connect the submersible fuel pump to the fuel system. My car simply won't run because after being driven for a few miles the lines come lose inside of the tank and the car does not get any fuel. Once the lines are reconnected it runs great. I've done that twice and I've determined that the current line isn't working. Thanks so much.

78,435

High pressure, fuel resistant push lock hose is one choice, the other is to have a copper tube sweated into place with an enlarged fuel end large enough for a pressure seal and a fuel pump support sling custom made.

7,260

If the fuel does not attack the lines and if the lines are only held in place by being forced over a nipple ... get an O ring slightly smaller then the outer diameter of the hose roll it on the hose (like a condom) about 1-2" then push the rubber hose onto the nipple ... then roll the O ring over the rubber line so it compressed the hose to the nipple