why does alot of water pour out the tail-pipe

Asked by Jun 22, 2015 at 04:59 PM about the Cadillac DeVille

I have water mixing with the oil and alot of water comes out the tail-pipe. tried the steel
stop leak and it still runs hot and alot of water still pours out the tail-pipe.can't dianose
problem.could my heads be cracked? or what

22,210

I would have tried Bars Leak And Block sealer but from what you are saying the leak is to big for sealer to work and you do have a blown head gasket or cracked head.

22,210

Or engine block.

No No No don't put any of that 'mechanic-in-a-a can' in your engine. Oh god please. All that stuff does is form a chemical goop circulating through your engine looking for holes to plug, including rod bearing inlets and every oil passage. If you do have a blown head gasket, I'm truly sorry, that's expensive but when fixed you have to get that bubble-gum out.

22,210

Sorry FordNut the only reason I suggested it is because it worked for me or i would have not recommended it at all. I have found the only reason that it clogs up your cooling system is if you add more then what's recommended. If it does not work the first time do not continue to add more hoping it will work that's when it will clog your cooling system.

22,210

By the way it's been working for me for a year now and no leaks or clogged cooling system.

Point taken firebird338. I guess I over- reacted before knowing all the facts. I just have a 'thing' about that stuff, I have had bad experiences with it. I admit I shot my mouth off from thinking you meant it would work some kind of miracle, added to OIL...and that I stand by.

22,210

I also agree with you on the oil additive. Added some Lucas Oil Stabilizer with an oil change on a engine that was taping really bad and within 30 minutes to taping started to slow down and after 45 minutes the taping was gone and I hear the guy go by with the vehicle and it still sounds good . That has been about a month now.

22,210

As you can see ment to say tapping not taping. LOL.