Car idle speed

Asked by May 18, 2009 at 04:41 PM about the Vauxhall Calibra

I have a vauxhall calibra.The engine doesnt seem to idle at the right revs.Dont know if it is a common fault with vauxhall's in general,as I have had a couple of vauxhall's and the same problem occured with both.I have had the air filter,and spark plugs changed but to no avail.I have been told it maybe the air flow metre,but Im not sure.

15

it sounds like the idle control valve, take it off & clean it out with wd40 that should sort the problem

ICV, take it off and give it a good clean through and put it back on, should sort it :)