How to operate a couple of things ?

Asked by Jun 20, 2013 at 07:52 PM about the Cadillac Catera

I have a 99 catera with the same mirror. I have disassembled a rear view mirror in a junkyard. It has 2 electric motors in it so I know the mirror is electric. How do you move it/where are the controls for it ?

Can the traction control be turned off ?
I don't necessarily want to spin my tires but like to know I can if I want to. When I try to hit the gas hard, the engine seems to choke, then it will accelerate, rapidly, but it shouldn't hesitate like that. Anybody else have this problem, or know the solution ?

I understand other people have similar problems with their radio. Sometimes shuts off, station changes itself or the source changes. Turn it on and the bass is all the way up and treble all the way down.It always retains clock time properly though. strange.

When I bought the car, both of the door stops were ripped out of the doors(front). Both cateras in the junkyard have the same issue. This is apparently a common issue. Does anybody make a repair kit for this ?

I am having great fun discovering all of the issues with these cars.

Oh yeah. Where the hell is the expansion valve for the AC ? Googled it and it said lower right side of fire wall behind engine. Fascinating. There are no ac lines on that side at all much less an expansion valve.The drier is on the left side in front by the condenser/radiator. The compressor is in the twilight zone on the bottom of the engine. Takes an act of God to get to it. I still saw no expansion valve. I have a blockage in the system. The high side gets really hot so I know the compressor is working, but the low side stays warm. I am assuming an expansion valve failure. Anybody else have this issue before ?

Any help or input on any of these issues would be appreciated.
This car sure is fun, lol

come on. SOMEBODY has got to know how to work these things, lol