What is the MPG for a 1975 Ford Ranchero with a 315c engine?

Asked by Jan 27, 2012 at 08:44 PM about the Ford Ranchero

Looking at '75 Ford Ranchero and was just wandering

around 12 mpg.

city or highway?

highway.

145

rofl ,,, they ford never made a 315 motor..

145

i think you mean 351,,,, an papas wrong,,,, they get around 13 city an 22 freeway,,,,, i know i own one...

Dude,give the guy a break,so he typed the # backwords,also to get the mpg you say,you must be drifting down a lot of hills in nutural with motor off.

145

no papa ive owend 351,s for years, i curently own a 1979 ranchero 351 auto, it gets what i say...you just have to be smarter at seting things up. theres an old saying,,,,, just because you went to school dosent make you smart it just makes you book smart.... learn from life lesten to the old guys who have been there an done it.

NO KIRKSSS,Im no virgin at this game,never went to school for machanics,so not book smart,just common sence,hands on experience.I to have owned several 71 Torino GT,s with the 351 Clev,no W,so yes I know how to tune and set up,im old school and probaley have a few years on you.when i answer a question,you can be sure it is 99.9 % right,if im wrong ill admit it.will you???

145

well were about the same age if thats you in the photo, an a clev is a whole differnt dog than a w,,, an if you really knew how to set up gear raito, carb redo,s timeing ect, than you would know what i say is fact,,,,, fyi ive build street rods an hot rods for over 40 years i do know what im talking about..an yes if im wrong ill say so ,, ( but im not)oh an by the way im 62.

Hey i didnt want to start a war of minds just looking for a car to get. About to turn 16 and my parents want me to do research on cars. So if ya'll have any suggestions....

145

it will make you a good ride, just take your time doing your thing to it, an rember its a heavy car/truck so if you try to stop on a dime youll owe it 20 cents,,lol just kidding they stop great...a couple of points going for it,,, its a large unit so its easly seen, an it has a full frame under it( just in case some one trys to give you a boo boo..if you want one better get one now because the price on the 70,s ranchero,s are going up big time,,, 2 years ago you couldnt give them away,,, now there any where from 3,000 up dependeing on how it looks.the average price on a good driver now is aroung 6.000.

yea,thats me & my SHELBY,look.im not getting into a pissing contest with you,everything you mentioned,I know myself,take a look in my garage look at my 71 Torino Cobra,429,SCJ 4 speed,restorded it from ground up myself,paint included,is a show winning car,got it at age 16,still got it.so yes I also know how to build a car,you brought up SCHOOL,& Book Smart,,no just common sence plus 6 years in the UNITED STATES NAVY,ABOARD THE USS ENTERPRISE AIRCRAFT CARRIER AS A AIRCRAFT MECHANIC.wow u did not know that,or did you.so back off.now on your other post to this young boy,this car is not worth sh!t,the $$$ sighns you telling him as you should know ford does not hold value like the chevy does,and im a ford guy,the El Comeno is worth or bringing $$$,not the Ranchero,its like the 71 ranger vs the 71 chevy pickup,it brings a lot more $$.now are we done with this.to the young man who started this post,its your decision on what you want to get,just remember 1 thing,gas prices are going up every day,you dont want a gas hog.

145

i also was in the navy air,Hc6 out of nf va com nav air lant.. rigger, i ran the para loft. an as far as your campersion on the 71 ranger vs the 71 chevy pick up thats funny,,,, thats like trying to compare a escort to a T bird..lol,, an as far as backing off,,,NEVER...an as far as your idea on value thats an even bigger joke ford holds there value it just depends on the car or truck,true the el comeno hold a higher value than the ranchero,, but the 70,s ranchero is fast climeing in value to collectors,,, an as far as the young man goes he can make up his own mind, all i was trying to point out is the truck would be safer for a first car ,,it wont croumple up like a tin can like the cheep crap thats out there today...heres a few of the cars ive built,,the burgenty 32 plym, was a hemmings street rod clander car for 2002... have a good day.

20

compared to today's V8's, they're pigs.....14-16 on the highway, on a good day, and depending on your right foot and your clock, 8-12 in town....pigs....

20

my 79, 351, gets about 22 on the highway, but at about 60-65, no more. So it's a bit better than a 75, but not by much. The best way to go is to toss an AOD tranny in it. Lower 1st gear, high overdrive final ratio. About 1900rpm at 70mph...not bad

35

alright, my '73 gets about 19 highway. its got a 351c under the hood. runs smooth as silk. its a nice ride unless you get snow then it won't go for anything. take care of your car and it will take care of you.

20

I recently screwed up and bought a 1979 Ranchero 500 Brougham. Someone put an Edelbrock manifold and a four barrel Holley on it. It loves gasoline like a pig loves slop. However, after correctly setting the timing, and the float levels on the Holley, I would imagine it would get 16-17 MPG on the road. I also found a major vacuum leak under the dash. Every thing I do to it helps. It will never be an economy car. We all know that.