2001 Corsa Lite Brake Booster

Asked by Sep 13, 2016 at 06:55 AM about the Opel Corsa

It seems as if all the Lite range Corsas had a problem with the brake booster rusting due to a design fault by Delta/GM. Gm have subsequently decided (+- 18 months ago) to discontinue the supply of the brake boosters. The result is now that you cannot obtain this part anywhere, and everyone including the GM agents are telling you to go to the scrapyards to source a second hand part. Yet, everyone is aware of the fact that these units all rusted away.
GM washes their hands like Pontius Pilate of the whole matter, as according to the Parts manager at Williams Hunt in William Moffat in Port Elizabeth, the Corsa lite is more than 10 years old and they are no longer obliged to supply parts for these models. One is now sitting with a car that is otherwise in perfect running condition but you can't drive it because you can't get spares. Can anyone help please and or suggest an alternative. Thanks. Johan  

9,390

I'd call some of the after market performance dealers, I am sure someone has figured it out by now.