1.4 utility corsa bakkie. How can I test or prove that the switch at the brake pedal is faulty and is the cause of the brake lights fuses being blown?

Asked by Jun 02, 2014 at 08:06 AM about the Opel Corsa

My brake light fuse in the bonnet keeps blowing the instant I switch the car on before
turning the engine on after having replaced the fuse each time. Ive checked the cables
under the fuse box connecting to it and I dont see any melted or damged cables. The
brake lights and connectors are fine. So the only other thing I can find that may be
affecting the fuses to blow is possibly the switch connected to the brake pedal itself
maybe not disengaging causing the fuses to blow? Please help

If the fuse is blown, that usually means a crossed or grounded wire somewhere- if you have a test light- start at the fuse box and go downstream through the wires going to your rear lights- if all those wires look good, start at the fuse box and go upstream- I bet you have a worn wire that is shorting out-