What changes must i make if i want to put a Opel 1.8l 16v ecotech motor in a 1.6is corsa

Asked by Mar 04, 2009 at 11:29 AM about the Opel Corsa

35

its not worth it dude, you'll lose your Power steering, and the aircon, and they might cut the fire wall to get it in................ best thing to do is re-bore your motor to an 1800cc and dont worry about changing engine numbers and losing the luxuries:) if you in durban I can send you somewhere:) Later

15

You can put in the Ecotech motor without losing your aircon & power steering, just depends on how good you mechanic is or how good you are! You need..... * Motor * Inner & outer CV's * Fuel management (standalone) * Gearbox * 2 engine mounts have to change & 1 gearbox mounting has to change. Have the mounting made from polyurethane, although they give off more vibration they do last a lot longer. Hope this helps