changing fwd motor to rwd h23a

Asked by Sep 05, 2008 at 09:57 AM about the MG MGB

I have a fresh H23a1 motor that i would like to use in my mgb project  the question is will a s2000 trans work on this motor or will i have to customize a plate in order to mate the two together also the oil pan is reverse of rwd applications but i can work with that if  there would be another trans that would work that would be great too  seems like honda had a stationwagon with rwd

135

i hope you are prepared for alot of custom fab work. the s2k tranny will not mate without a custom fabbed adapter plate. the only motor that might be even close to mating would be the k-series and of course those would need adapter plates. you might have to get a H2D kit and mate the AWD d-series civic station wagon tranny. i think that would be more feasible than s2k tranny lol. good luck. what year/car is the guinea pig?

1969 mgb the mg has a heavy plate on the block that might be custom fit to the h23 I have'nt pulled the motor yet it runs but its holding low oil pressure sure would be an improvement in horsepower and dependability if it will work the honda block is probably a good hundred lbs lighter and cranks out close to 70 more horses

15

thought u might enjoy. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=54703628

talk about fabrication how many hours and dollars we talkin looks great whats the 1/4 time

2,100

This is just a thought. I remember seeing a rear wheel drive CRX a few years ago on the drag racing circuit. It was powered by a late 1980's model chrysler turbo engine and tranny. He mounted the engine and transmission in the rear as a complete unit. Regardless, you're looking at a HUGE amount of custom fabrication. Since that's the case anyway, why not keep the H23 and tranny intact as a unit; sit it in the rear of the skeleton,then assemble around it?

75

There's going to be a lot of custom fab work there. The h-series motor will not bolt up to a k-series tranny, and I'm pretty sure that they don't make a h2k adapter. Search around on honda-tech.com, there's a guy there that did it. Good luck