What is your favourite year?

145

Asked by Sep 26, 2009 at 05:14 PM about the Volvo Amazon

My vote goes to the early 1957, unique chrome parts, one year only speedo, stainless steel grille and Black&White lacquer. Totally up to date when new, still one of the most silent cars of the 50's. Too bad they all were aquariums...

35

I have a 1965, black with b-18a engine. It needs some restoration but its something I don`t ever give up. :)

are those tuckers or hudsons? i like the one on the left.

35

No tuckers or hudsons. Volvo Amazon. Made in Sweden.

145

My first car ever was a 1965 2-d 121. Remember a tough time breaking with non-power discs... Black is really nice, especially with red interior and those old black plates of Finland yesterday. Don't think your Amazon will give up on you either with that attitude!

if they are volvos then they would be a dead ringer for a hudson, but not bad.

145

Funny, after almost 20 years I am now once again the proud owner of the green 6V Amazon to the left!

1,195

those in the pics are 121 or 122 Amazons. they also made the PV 444 and 544 in Amazon models too. I have a '59 PV 544 Amazon. It had a B-16B with dual S.U. sidedrafts, a 3 speed trans and a 4:56 rear end...