Changing tires to smaller size

Asked by GuruSBLWC May 25, 2019 at 01:30 AM about the Mitsubishi Pajero

Can I switch to a small tire size of 245/70 r16,from
my company size of 265/70 r16 on my pajero.

272,065

I suppose you can but I do not recommend it.

205,335

I don’t either, that’s a two size smaller jump, your really going to notice a big handling and ride change, plus unless you buy an more expensive tire they are not going to last as long.

89,945

This replacement would reduce tire radius about .8 inches and will affect handling and throw the speedometer off: At 70 mph, you'll be going 66.5 mph. You'll also reduce the tread width which will affect traction, especially when braking, making the car unsafe.