when its warm out or i hit the button multiple times in a short period of time, my door locks stop working.

Asked by Dec 03, 2011 at 07:43 PM about the GMC Sierra Classic 2500

2,375

Which button... The button on the key fob? The button on the driver's door? Whenever which button you mean stops locking or unlocking the door, since either lock or unlock are separate functions on the switch *and* the key fob you need to be more specific on exactly what quits working. If you're talking about the key fob, see if the door switch will work. If it does, then the problem is in your key fob (probably a weak battery). If the door switch stops working on the driver's side, but the key fob will still work or the passenger door lock switch still works, then the problem is on the driver's side switch. If the problem occurs on every switch, then find out which door is the one that's not working and your problem is probably the lock actuator on that door. I have a feeling you're talking about the key fob, and I would recommend opening it up and replacing the battery (if possible--some are not serviceable) or replace the unit itself (it will need to be programmed to the vehicle and you'll have to call your dealer to find out how they do that).

sorry. I both the door lock button and the key fob button for lock and unlock. I have replaced the fob battery and my truck battery but no luck. I thought maybe Actuators? but it seemed strange that bot would go out at the same time. Also my A.C. Only blows warm air and it wont take any of the recharge i tried to give it.

1,185

A/C need to put a pressure gauge set on it, see what it is doing. If there is not enough pressure in the system (leak) then the compressor will not engage. If there is good pressure, may have a bad switch or pressure sensor that engages the compressor. Also could be compressor clutch is bad, easy enough to test with a voltmeter at the connection on the compressor. Be careful testing with the engine running, you don't want to get tangled in the fan blade or belts. Should have voltage at the connection on the compressor, when engine running, A/C on cold, fan on. If compressor is cycling on and off, if you have too much Freon in system it'll freeze up, then only blow warm air. That's why it is wise to use a manifold gauge set, see what your pressure are. They vary depending on type of Freon you use, which depends on the year of your truck. Should be marked on there, most likely R-134a, or if an older one, R-12.