1973 merc 280 that stalls

Asked by Nov 09, 2013 at 02:34 AM about the Mercedes-Benz 280

saw a sweet car for sale, low miles, but the seller says it has a stalling issues, any ideas?

1,325

Check the carburetor for proper adjustment then look for vaccum hoses damaged or worn that would be to start

112,305

Is it drove much? Could be old gas or in need of a tune up.

22,725

probably all the above and more- issues with carbs, fuel pump, fuel lines, tune ups, could be anything on a car that old- and a MB will be expensive to keep running right- I don't think you are ready- it does not sound like a "sweet" car

Thanks for all your answers! As for being 'sweet' I meant the body is solid and it's a 'dry' car, meaning none of those nasty leaks some older Benz's have. My previous car was a 1985 turbo diesel I know they are expensive, and do most of the work myself. I'm familiar with diesel engines as opposed to gasoline. My thoughts were along the lines of the fuel lines, rusty gas tank etc. Thanks again folks for answering.

oh..and my mom is now driving my old Mercedes, don't judge a poster by her adjectives!