How i find my keypad door code for lincoln MKS 2013

Asked by May 11, 2015 at 01:09 PM about the Lincoln MKS

How  i find my  keypad door code for lincoln MKS 2013

Sometimes they are written in all sorts of places. Maybe somebody that has one will have a suggestion on where to look. But if all else fails the factory default code is stored in the PCM and the dealer can fetch it out

78,085

Yup, Fordnut is correct, as usual. Go to your local Lincoln Dealer with your registration and driver's license for proof of ownership. They'll use your vehicle identification number to get the code for you. HTH. -Jim

755

There was a plastic card shipped with the vehicle with the 5-digit code. This was sometimes left in the glovebox, but should have been placed in the owner's manual. Years ago the factory would put a small sticker with the code on the trunk hinge, or attach it to the hood, or on the cover of the fuse box or PCM. I'd look in those places first, as most dealers will charge you to pull the code from the computer (it takes a minimum of 10 minutes for security reasons).

140

I've been looking for two days now of and on for the personal entry code for my 2013 Lincoln MKS. They sure know how to hide it. Also, we're supposed to get it to display in the message center by putting one of the key fobs in the key slot in the glove box, right side, then start the ignition, then turn it off, insert the second fob in the slot and start the ignition again. At that point the key fob is supposed to show for a few seconds in the message center. Nothing happened for me. Wondering what else I can do to find it. I don't want to pay my dealer $65 to retrieve it. Ray

140

I've been looking for two days now of and on for the personal entry code for my 2013 Lincoln MKS. They sure know how to hide it. Also, we're supposed to get it to display in the message center by putting one of the key fobs in the key slot in the glove box, right side, then start the ignition, then turn it off, insert the second fob in the slot and start the ignition again. At that point the key fob is supposed to show for a few seconds in the message center. Nothing happened for me. Wondering what else I can do to find it. I don't want to pay my dealer $65 to retrieve it.

On the Ford Escapes for 2012 and 2011 maybe more the access code is a small number printed on the access panel control module inside the center console which has to be disassembled. It is probably printed on the Lincoln control module too but I'm not sure where it's located.

30

I had to find this for my mkx when I purchased it used. The dealership wanted to charge me bigtime. I found this. Lie with your head in the driver side foot area. Look to the side and there is a fuse box. Using a flashlight, there is a sticker with a 5 digit code stuck within the area, (may have a letter after it, disregard this) That is your door entry code.

Where did you look to find the door code

Where did you look on your MKS to find your door code

140

I never found it in my 2013 Lincoln MKS. I did manage to talk my dealer into emailing it to me. My current 2014 Lincoln MKS has it in a see-through pocket of my owner's manual case.

@Sharon - Thank you! I was looking for the label for a 2012 MKZ. After reading your post I found the label on the fuse box cover (it did have a letter after it) and was able to reset the code. Kudos!!

On the 2010 Lincoln Mks under the dash on the driver side on the back of the fuse box

On 2010 lincoln mms it's on the back of fuse box on the driver side under the dashboard

Locate keypad code on 2012 Lincoln MKZ. On fuse box you will find a 5 digit code. You may have to remove cover to see it. The dealership quoted me $130.00 to locate keypad code for a 5 minute job, go figure.