Is my car worth the repair cost?

Asked by Nov 10, 2016 at 04:41 PM about the Vauxhall Zafira

I own a 2002 Vauxhall Zafira 2.0ltr diesel 119000 on the clock.
I have had the car for 4 months and i paid £900, this is my first car as i am
new to driving.
When i got the car it needed 2 new tyres and has been running perfect until
yesterday.
I took the car to the garage and it needs a new clutch and a dual mass
flywheel and a engine bracket which is costing from £800-£1000, My
question is is that a lot of money for a car of this age?
Its also more than the car is worth as far as i'm aware there is no issues
and the car is in a very well looked after state.
I am just looking for a few opinions and some advise,

210,065

I would repair it if the rest of the vehicle is in good shape. You can end up driving it for another year or so and still be better off than new car payments. Buying an 15 year old car and having 120K on the clock, you will run into replace parts. It's when the motor or transmission fail is when you think about scrapping it.

56,655

I agree with Tom. For now, it's probably worth fixing. Things break on older models. That's to be expected. But when it gets to be frequent and increasingly expensive repairs, or a major catastrophe, then it's time to move on. HTH. -Jim

82,935

I agrre fix her up and enjoy the car and remember DON'T SPEED OR TEXT AND DRIVE !!!!

34,385

You have to be the judge of that. If the rest of the car is in good shape, runs good, does not use oil and is not beat to hell then it is probably worth fixing. If you can drive it for anther year or two then you will have gotten your moneys worth.