intermitant idle speed when first started but simmers down once warm

20

Asked by Jan 19, 2014 at 01:38 AM about the Vauxhall Vectra

I have just purchased a vauxhall astra and when you first start the car the idle speed slightly goes up and down between 1000 revs but simmers down once warm , is this electrical or a mechanical problem .

https://www.google.com/#q=vauxhall+astra+intake+air+temp+sensor&tbm=s hop

Best Answer
20

does this need to be replaced or just cleaned

this is like a tiny lightbulb filament...easily broken....do not attempt to clean...these are relatively cheap...just replace it~

it's to let the computer know how dense the air is coming into the intake plenum....if cold will make the mix rich...if warm will know that too- again like a tiny filament~

20

i went to halfords and no crc cleaner can i use electrical contact cleaner to clean the mass flow sensor

yes...perchloroethane...or trichloroethane....radio snack also sells "electronics cleaner" which is a boat-load of money for what it actually is~ more importantly will it be gettin' buggered up again right away....there is excessive crankcase fumes in the intake....perhaps the Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve is plugged or malfunctioning~