peugeot 206 cc

Asked by May 19, 2009 at 04:52 AM about the Peugeot 206

just bought a 206 cc when i drive over 50 mph engine light comes on and car starts to miss fire and judder when switched off and left an hour or so light goes off but problem keeps coming back when i go above 50 mph

45

hiya ann i have not experienced this problem but it would sound as though there is a problem with the engine management system i hope its not as they are expensive best to get a service from a mechanic that you trust hope it gets sorted for you

35

AhHH! Thats wiered, it must be the time of the year or something. BUt mine did that tonight! I got up to 70mph and the engine light came on and the car jolted. Then when i finally got home it was finding it hard to stay on tick over. It came very very very close to just completely stalling! How many miles has yours done?

How old is the 206 ????

5

have you had it checked at a mechanic ? normally they put a scanner on the car and bring up any fault codes.

15

Hi there, i had the same problem with my 206 xsi. Mechanic told me it was a problem with the valves. Peugeot redesigned the valves to be a little smaller as they used to get stuck on all the inside of the engine. The prices for the new valves rnt cheap (£50 each). mine would have cost me £300. He told me best thing to do was give it an oil and filter change and use a low viscosity oil (5w30 fully synthetic) and next time u fill up with petrol pour a full bottle of petrol redex in ur fuel tank, this burns all the excess carbon and grime on the inside of the engine. Mines still runnin fine and that was just over 12 months ago

redex diesel cleaner works but the problem keeps coming back. The solution to this is that keep on pouring redex till the time you have to sell your car.