Holdens with Skyline motors

25

Asked by Nov 06, 2009 at 07:08 PM about the Holden Commodore

I have a VL wagon, and i want to know if its as simple as changing the Cpu that currently powers the
"holden/skyline" donk' to a more newer Cpu out of a better Skyline? is this possible, and have you any
suggestions? or contacts. maybe a small turbo as well

45

I sort of doubt that it will work changing the ecu from a Holden to a Nissan. Nissan skylines from R32 to R34 are DOHC which may mean the timing probably be slightly out. R35 is definitely out of the question because they started using V6 instead of L6 but R30 may help as I think there were initially some SOHC instead of DOHC. Anyway in a nutshell I'm skeptic that it will work, but you are better off seeking professional advice.

5

its not that simple as different motors use different sensor to retrive info about what the motor is doing. if u swapped all the sensors as well as the ecu yes it would work but it would b a waste of time doin it. cheaper and easier 2 get an aftermaket ecu and get it tuned