wat do ppl think about manual vt commodores?.... i kno they r rare

5

Asked by Nov 04, 2009 at 02:41 AM about the Holden Commodore

45

I don't own a vt but I do own vs with 5-speed (ute of course). Manuals are ok, they tend to be more expensive I hear to source apart from the fact that they are rare and they were announced as theives' favourite car target. Apart from that I don't know what the ex-owners of the vt with manual gearbox car that you will choose. In my case I believe the previous owner thrashed the engine probably presuming on the tacho it reads 5000rpm as the last white band before its all red. It is easy to over-rev with manual gear box so I'd be a bit cautious.

25

i had a mate with a VT manual. his particular one was that dark blue and there was only about 900 made in that colour/transmission combo, so yeah, they are rare. finding one is hard, let alone in good condition. and yeah, as david say'd. they get thrashed alot.