I have a 2008 GMC Chevy Envoy and the key keeps getting stuck in the ignition?

50

Asked by Dec 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM about the GMC Envoy XL

someone told me there is a small 2mm hole that you could poke a small screwriver in at the 7 o-clock position to release the key...you could tell me if this story is true...please~

50

Yes, I've heard the same. Haven't tried that yet. I am able to get it out if I very quickly turn and pull out the key. It take a few times of turning the car back on and off till it works. Just curious if this is a switch problem or what?

grips the key but does not release it...isn't his one of these weirdo PATS things or is that just ford? anyhow this whole business of the key not being active but a passive element that the security system recognizes has been a thorn in these types of systems as they are laden with problems such as the battery dies and then you're trapped~

can price out a new keyswitch if it's an ordinary one...it ain't gonna be too much money, but what happened to yours? heavy keychain?

okay the judge is going to prescribe a remedy....LOCK EASE...in a spray can...two squirts is all...has graphite and things will go easy for you~

50

Thought it was the remote starter ...started up fine with it. Turned it off and went to start it with key and car wouldn't start and key wouldn't come out. Got it towed to shop where remote starter was installed. Pulled the fuse and put back in...key worked. Said the issue is not with the remote starter. But the key is still consistently stuck when turning off. Anti theft locking mechanism maybe?

3,735

sneddon, I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. If you would like for us to see if you have any special coverage's in regard to this concern, please do not hesitate to reach out. You can email us at socialmedia@gm.com. Erica Tiffany GM Customer Care