i think eveyone heard of the car FLEX from ford.I like this car a lot,but many are saying that ford is not a good car to buy.So,can u explain it to me.Zhahi

5

Asked by May 23, 2009 at 05:27 AM about the Ford Flex

i wanted to buy this car.But my frnds told me that ford sucks.So,can u explain me on that

245

All car brands have good and bad points. I personally have owned a Dodge, Chevy, Ford and Mitsubishi. The Fords are good for their price. They don't have as much power as a Dodge, but they get better gas milage. Chevy's are longest lasting, for a large price. I just bought a 2010 Flex and it largest in its class. Classier than a Minnivan and cheaper then a full size SUV. I do have to Fords were poor quality in the 80's/early 90's now they have 5 star crash rating, and just as good as any American car co. I hope this helps.

7,545

your friends are idiots??????

4,745

The current generation Ford Flex model is related to Lincoln MKT, Ford Taurus, Lincoln MKS and Mercury Sable. http://flex-ford.net/pics/

3,745

Fords have supposedly gotten much better with reliability recently, which I have a difficult time believing, but even basic maintenance is extremely difficult compared to GM and Chrysler due to how they are put together. They do have a very bad reputation for being unreliable. I wouldn't buy a Ford if I had another option.

i have a 2013 ford flex sel with 278,000 miles on it has had next to no problems maintanence wise..great suv dependable..as with any maker you can get a bad or good car from a kia to a ford and everything inbetween..just do your homework and go test drive everyone you can

I have heard great things about the Flex, lots of people love theirs. They do have the best interior space. I bought mine with 18K miles, apparently that should have been a sign if the previous owner only kept it 10 months. Its been in the shop consistently enough its a joke with most who know me. The first problem had to do with a faulty starter switch. It has left me stranded late at night twice. The next problem was the door sensor and washer fliud pump going out. Both are $300 plus repairs and both occurred after a regular service appt. The interior light won't turn off until you reach a speed of 15 mph so leaving a parking lot at night it is tough to see with that light on. The current issue is with the eco boost and the car feels like its going to die with every idled stop. The alarm also goes off randomly...locked or unlocked. With the technology it requires to keep these cars running not sure I would buy american again.