Audi R8? Opinions & performance?

5

Asked by Oct 22, 2008 at 05:19 PM about the Audi R8

5

its naughty as shit.

245

I think it's very Audi. Understated looks (for a supercar), gorgeous interior, solid performance at a fairly reasonable price. I couldn't really think of a single thing they could've done better... except maybe make a more insane version, and they're about to release just that with the V10 version.

265

Oh, I love that machine. Yet another thing I'd spend $120K on. It's got original and aggressive styling on the outside and Audi's fierce red and black interior. The engine makes a great noise and packs a punch (from what I've heard) and the car handles excellently. I've read and watched reviews, most of which have been gleaming, commenting negatively only on some things like the LED headlight styling. But that's personal preference. From an objective standpoint, it's an incredible automobile. 420 hp, 317 lb-ft. of torque, 0-60 in 4.4 seconds, the 1/4 mile in 12.8 seconds, mid-engine, AWD, options from leather and alcantara seats to the color of the distinctive 'sideblade' and a Bang & Olufsen sound system. From what I've seen, the only thing I don't personally like on the R8 is the shifter. (Not the slotted shift gate...I love that) It's the two tiny-toothed rings that encompass the metal knob. There for grip, they look useful if you're wearing gloves but otherwise look like they might be a bit coarse against my palm. Call me a pussy, but I think I'd prefer the comfort of a smooth aluminum knob or a thick leather one. That was a bit suggestive... In any event, if I had $120,000 to spend on this car, I'm sure I'd have enough to alter the shifter to my liking. Once again, I love that machine.

45

one opinion u should not play with is the launch control DONT PLAY WITH IT!!!! U will end up moving sideways at 60 mph!

5

What is launch control?

45

lauch control is when u have gotting to about 5ooo rpms let off the brake shift to first and lauch the car (im not really sure its pretty close to it )

15

It's a great car, I've driven the stickshift and the R-tronic and I'd still take the MT6, the throttle response is out of this world for a V8, and it heel-toe down-shifts like a fuckin champion. The shifter is NOT coarse what-so-ever. The only thing it needs is more power... a lot more power. It felt very slow to me (for 135 grand) but at the end of the day, it's a daily supercar... it's smooth and quiet on the freeway unless you push the sport button and magnetic ride button, then it's a completely different car. In a nutshell it's phenomenal but lacking power