Problems fitting new CD player and using air conditioning

Asked by Aug 23, 2009 at 06:56 PM about the 2001 Peugeot 206

Hello, first of all, I would just like to say what a brilliant forum this is.

Today I bought a Peugeout GLX and as I was driving off I noticed that the air conditioning didn't seem to be working, by this point it was really hot outside! We opened the windows and continued n our journey to take the car back home, thinking that we just didn't know how to use the air conditioning.

When we got back, I removed the original casette player/cd changer controller and started to install a new cd/usb player. The new one is compatible with cd changers (this is the item). So I'm not sure why the cd changer wont work now. I tried opening the cd changer, but it seems that there is no power going to it now.

There is a plug, which has nowehere to go in the new cd/usb player and is therefore loose.

Here are the pictures:

The Plug

The Supplied Splitter (taking two of the three plugs)

The Original Cassette/CD Changer Player

The New CD/USB Player (and strange fan)

The CD Changer

I suppose the extra lose plug (multicoloured one pictured), must supply the power and controls to the changer.

If this is the case, then there must be another splitter that I can buy to make the combination work?

As I was messing about with the wires, checking to ensure everything was connected properly, I found the strange fan that is pictures above and noticed that when I turned the engine on it started spinning. Does anyone have any idea what this is for?

Then, as I fiddles with it a little bit, turned the engine on again and strangely the air conditioning came on for about 4 seconds, was really cold and blowy. Then, it cut out. I haven't been able to get it to turn on again by fiddling since. So this shows that it is capable of working. So any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thank you for your consideration!

5

you can buy adapters for the cd player from autoleads. buying this adapter will also give you the ability to use the stalk underneath the indicator. as for the A/C sounds like you have loose coneection, take the panel out and have a look.