I just bought a 92 Chrysler new Yorker the air will only blow out on defrost and even after adding freone it won't get cold what can I do to fix this to at least get it cold

Asked by Jul 02, 2015 at 11:51 PM about the 1992 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

I have to agree with James, but that aside, it could be a vacuum hose issue/blend door relay or other part has malfunctioned to allow the air to only come out the defrost vent. The not getting cold part might be associated with those parts or you have a refrigerant major leak. At this point, your best off taking it to a local mechanic to diagnose your issue. The bill might be as much you paid for your car.

Or a AC select switch went bad? See & go to a AC shop.