what wiring do u have rerun to go from lean burn to carborated on a 1987 chrysler fifth avenue

Asked by May 17, 2012 at 08:50 PM about the 1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

went from the original lean burn set up to a carb set up an ive got the mopar electronic ignition an im getting no spark to the coil what wires do i have to rerun for my set up

20

I have done this many times, you will need a 72 dodge points & condenser distributor,$35 plus tax at advance for reman, you will need a coil that requires a ballast resistor, you will need an ignition ballast resistor $6 at advance, you will need a relay in order to provide 12 volts when cranking and 6-8 volts when running. I am a mopar nut, I have a 88 fifth ave that I converted to points and condenser, and an 86 Plymouth Gran Fury that I converted last week, I am 62 and a lifelong mechanic, and have an auto shop in hull, ga. When you are done converting to the old school distributor, you will have a 72 dodge 318 for tune up purposes