I need help with electrical/fuse problems can anyone please help?

Asked by May 02, 2015 at 01:27 PM about the 1986 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

I have owned my Chrysler 86 Fifth Avenue for quite some time now. The headlamps
work after installing new ones. I refuse to drive any other vehicle but this one. Now the
hazard lights, the rear brake lights went out, BUT ! The brake light in the window
works, along with the parking lights when I turn them on. Now the horn refuses to work.  
Also now the A/C Heater won't work, but it is plugged in. My radio won't also work. I am
devastated and all I am doing is looking for an answer. I have checked every fuse, and
they all look fine. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ?

20

Do you have the factory Service Manual? Speifically check each fuse with a volt meter. Then with a jumper wire. This will determine for sure about the fuses. Looking at fuses is not positive at all. Then pull the fuses in question and usin an amp meter switch on and off the circuits in question. The amp meter shoulddeflect to indicate a load is being connected when the load is switched on. Getting to the fuses is a pain but there is no other sure way. But get a FSM. Make a copy of the pages involved so the manual remains in tact. Manuals are usually inexpensive on Ebay.

10

If your fuse blew check for a short somewhere towards the rear, had that happen when I changed my tail lights on my 85 Fifth Avenue. Bad ground or power hort I most likely but check power to the fuses. If all good check your headlight switch contacts

10

Thank ya'll so much! It's been a pain to try and figure this out. Also one other question! If anyone could aanswer this. I went out the other day to give the car a wash I noticed the vinyl top was peelin off in the back and on the sides!? What should I do!! I know she is gettin older but I want to save er while I can!

glue a new vinyl one on , thats what i think i will do to mine--?