water on the floor, drivers side front and back every time it rains how do I fix this?

Asked by Jun 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier

Bruce Klug

Front and back of what? Could be a leaky windshield, or not.

Best Answer

you may want to investigate either of these kits~

I can't even figure out what advice these guys were trying to give me. I still have water on the floor drivers side front and back. wtf? (I learned that from my daughter!) So how do I fix this? can you send me a letter or email me? I don't understand the internet too much yet. I'm working on it. So why is there water on my floor?

Try to find where the water is coming from. If you have a sunroof, check to see if the drains are clogged. A common area for leaks is in the cowl at the bottom of the windshield. The dam around the HVAC air intake fails. The sealer on the body seams dries up too. A third place to look is around the bottom corners of the fire wall. They rust out and water enters there. --- Pull the carpet away from the firewall to see if water is traveling behind it. --- Meanwhile, drill a couple of small holes in the floor so the water can drain out.

What I was trying to tell you is that a "weatherstripping kit" to directly fit your door is available...had not considered the sunroof---sure there are kits for those too~ have someone who's good with tools to help you replace the leaking weatherstrip.~

John Carson

When you drive in rain, or go to the car wash or wash it yourself, get a dry paper towel and run it across the top of the windshield. Down the side of the wind shields, along the inside doors BEFORE opening, and any other place you can think of how water may get in/ If you come up with a wet towel, go from there to eliminate areas no leaking. If you have a sun roof, and it was not factory installed, that is the first place to look, and the second if factory installed. Windshield would be third, the door seals second. Live in an area that spreads salt or other chemicals to melt salt? Check under the car for rotting floorboards. My first guess is as judge-roy suggested, door seals need fixing. The driver side is used the most, and that is where the water is coming in from.