94 camaro 6 speed

35

Asked by Apr 22, 2010 at 02:06 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet Camaro

Hi everyone,
I bought a camaro with a 6 speed manual transmission, but I dont know how to drive a stick shift!!!! The only way I can enjoy it is if my buddy pulls me around town with his truck. HELPPPP!!!!!!

9,420

Learn to drive a manual.

35

I cant even take off on my own, if it ever gets driven my buddys do it for me. I want to drive my own car!!!!!!!!

15

just go to youtube and find some vids, of ask ur friends if they know

Push in gas let out clutch ... Its easy. Then again I've been driving stick unmmmmmmm.....forever!!!!!! Look those are the very basics.start with that. All clutches are different. None the same. try that!!!!

35

Everytime i go to take off it dies. This is ridiculous someone help.

105

go to somewhere flat and empty (like an empty parking lot) and put the car in first gear; then let the clutch out slowly, if the engine starts to die, give it just a little bit of gas. When you have the clutch all the way out, you're good. accelerate a little bit (up to about 3k rpm) and then let off the gas, push in the clutch, move the knob to second gear, and let the clutch back out and accelerate again. As you get more used to the car, you'll be able to engage the clutch faster, and shift smoother. learn how to engage with the gas pedal next (once you can get yourself rolling using just clutch, you'll be able to speed up the whole process and before you know it). after about ten minutes of this, you should be able to head out onto some empty roads and practice more. About 3 hours of practice on the road should leave you able to drive the car just fine. That's how my dad taught me to drive stick.

155

WhY I want to knw is what kind of buddies u got that won't teach you .... But then again if they did they couldn't drive the maro LOL

19,775

Lol, seriously. You buy a car you cant drive. You need to find a friend that knows how to drive a stick and let him teach you in person. You cant learn how to ride a bike on the internet what makes you think you can learn to drive a stick online?

505

push in the clutch to start the car making sure it's in neutral which is the middle of the stick shifter,,it'll go side to side that's how u know it neutral make sure ur emergency brake is engaged,too. then push in the clutch & start the car. as far as driving it remember push in the clutch when applying the brakes, when parking clutch & brake same time then pull up emergency brake..put into gear (any) turn off car then take ur feet off both pedals. don't worry it becomes 2nd nature after abit of practice. don't get discouraged it'll take some time getting used to it & that's ok :) rome wasn't built in a day,lol!! :) :)

135

I got an answer for ya...... Get your friend to teach you... no.... no better yet.... get him to take you to a street with no one there, preferably late at night. Step ONE: with the engine running, press the clutch to the floor, then place the shifter in the upward most left position (1st Gear). Step TWO: bring the RPM gage up to 4,000 RMPs and hold them there. The engine may get loud, don't worry!!!! It just means fun is about to happen!!! Step THREE: Just move your foot off the clutch all the way and hold the steering wheel.

16,465

Are you for real or are you just wasting time here? Gosh when I get in a car with an automatic transmission, I can't drive it because I can't find the clutch. I have to have my buddies tow me to the market and back. That sounds just a silly.