Astro van fuel tank filler neck.. does it have some sort of filter/screen installed?

25

Asked by Jan 09, 2008 at 04:58 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Astro Cargo Van

Have a 94 Astro van that needs transmission repair, so it's settin' and waitin' for the money to get that done.. Also have a 95 Isuzu Rodeo...just fresh out of repair shop.. wanted to siphon fuel (almost full tank) from astro van to put in Rodeo.. Bought sqeeze-ball siphon set from WalMart.. tried inserting tube into astro van.. could not get it to go past a certain point, never got into fuel..

the newer cars ,trucks,vans cannot be siphond out of is because of 2 or 3 different bends in hose.

43,565

Yes, they're anti-theft devices that make it a pain in the rear for legitimate as well as illegitimate fuel siphoning. Best thing to do, and this is an old junker's trick, is to disconnect a fuel line up at the engine, put a rubber hose to it, and put a jumper line across the fuel pump relay terminals in the fusebox, allowing the fuel pump to run and pump the gas through your hose into your other vehicle until the tank runs dry. Careful, since you're working with fuel, as always watch for sparks.