Traction and cruise control turn off when headlights are turned on

20

Asked by May 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM about the 2003 Holden Commodore

Whenever I turn my headlights on, my traction and cruise control deactivate.
Could the fault be related to a faulty abs module? I have tested the cruise control module and it checks out.I drive a vyss series 2 commodore.

12,785

I would try to narrow it down by pulling fuses that are related to your problem then one by one put fuses back in and see if a particular circuit shows up as problem.

35

The Cruise Control fuse runs off the same as the power mirrors. If they are playing up the fuse is faulty or you have a break in the current somewhere I dont have traction control so i'm unsure if thats the same fuse also, sounds like when too much current flows through it cuts one of the things linked

20

I will try both options and see what happens.I believe though that the fault is in the abs module which is expensive to replace!!

20

I have now solved the problem.My son who is a mechanic diagnosed it.I had after market Altezza Led tail lights and this was causing the problem.Went back to the original tail lights and its as good as gold.

I had exactly the same problem. and exactly the same solution. Thank you very much. I can't work out why, but LED tail lights must confuse the ABS module

I have the exact same problem when I turn headlights on traction control off light comes on and I have no cruise control with headlights on but I have factory tailights any Ideas?

Turn lights on then couldn't turn off ? 2000 sw ST