92 vp upgrades

45

Asked by Jun 01, 2009 at 06:42 AM about the 1992 Holden Commodore

i have a 92 vp with the 3.8ltr v6.. already has larger chip and cold air intake... what else can i do without any major upgrades (or cash expenditure lol) to increase performance??  

how about buyin a real car like a FORD

45

how about replying to ford comments what are you doing replying or even reading holden ones if you dont like them hmmm...

g day msd make ignition coils 4 these engines they are a but pricey but hav been told they increase by 3.5 hp u can get them from autobaurn ect.

65

There will be a restricted cone piece inside the inlet where the throttle body and the 90 degree pipe goes into the top of the motor. Simply take that out to get lots of down low torque and power (Work time 15-20 minutes). Getting a 5L V8 throttle body (65mm) from the wreckers and replacing it with the V6 (60mm) throttle helps power increase too. Make sure you clean the idle sensors before placing them in. Change the injectors to Mitsubishi Magna TS from the 4cyl, The cfm is much larger than V8 hsv's, this will boost the petrol into your motor and help with the cold air intake. They can be purchased from the wreckers also but you might want to get your ECU re-mapped to gain the maximum power out of your mods, (it always the safest way to do it) a remap should be around $400

45

one of these guys said about going for bigger injectors and throttle body, stock injectors will supply enough fuel until you want 250+rwhp and the black bell in the inlet manifold is there to stop the back 2 cylinders running lean, i have removed this and found no difference on the dyno and at the drag strip. bang for buck i would go pace maker or genie extractors and a VS cold air intake along with a oil change every 5000km and it should last forever

I have a question I have a 92 vp wagon and under the good is pretty much stock beside the cold air intake and alternator I'm thinking of buying a better throttle body to give me more power, I want a lot more power what should I look for?