can anyone tell me why my automatic transmission slips?

25

Asked by Sep 05, 2011 at 10:11 PM about the 1988 Holden Commodore

i have a vl commodore non turbo when u select drive the transmission doesnt pick up the gears

25

have you checked if there is fluid in the gear box.. ? or it could be from phanging it too much..?

95

you may want to check the vaccum hose aswell. i had a similar problem with my auto trans and i fied the vaccum hose and it works a dream

5

It has fluid in it hey? Dexron 3

45

My VR Calais does the same thing. I have a leak in the Auto Trans somewhere, I think and hope its just the hose. All I do as a temporary fix is top it up with the Auto Trans fluid Dex 3