the car is not keeping a start why is this I put a new fuel pump on new spark plugs in. wires its turning bit won't stay started why is this

Asked by Jul 04, 2013 at 10:13 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina

104,215

And you expect our help while giving us the finger? Good luck with that!

Hey, I didn't notice that! My suggestion is gone and I hope you didn't see it...same to you Jerelyn

Ok sorry. I'm sure you don't mean anything. Squirt an entire can of starting fluid in the intake, make sure you empty the can, and then try to start it. That will do it

104,215

You too funny davidh25. But I agree. That will fix it.

I'm sorry about the pic just ned some help people its just a profile pic

104,215

I understand that but as a great guru once said it is your avatar pic that we are talking to. It is hard to stand and talk to someone who is being disrespectful to me. Or maybe that's just me. Hope someone helps you. Good luck with your car.

No dandy it's not just you....Jerelyn, please change it, or even a blank is better than that.. apology accepted..now does it run long enough to get to AutoZone or someplace to have to OBD codes scanned? OBDII became standard in 1996 but I think your '95 has OBDII. That will eliminate much guessing and wasted time

Thank u for helping me to all the people that was affected by my profile pic truly I'm sorry for that I'm a very good person I just need help pls help me

104,215

Ok is it a 3.1L or a 3.4 L engine?

104,215

http://autorepair.about.com/library/firing_orders/bl-fo-6431.htm -- that is the firing order for 3.4L. Double check that plug wires were installed correctly.

104,215

http://autorepair.about.com/library/firing_orders/bl-fo-6432.htm -- this is for the 3.1L if that's the one you have.

Thanks I love u all

3.1

104,215

Ok view the above 3.1 firing order and check your plug wires to make sure that they are installed correctly.

K